Explore our historic park, museum exhibitions, and archival resources to earn Girl and Boy Scout badges and complete Cub Scout Adventures! Badge Days offered at Heritage Sandy Springs are either self-guided or instructive experiences. We will provide an overview of the museum and park, and be available to answer questions throughout the day. All activities are based on the prescribed requirements set by the Boy Scouts of America and the Girls Scouts of the United States of America. Not all requirements for all badges are able to be completed on-site with Heritage Sandy Springs. We recommend that leaders and parents for Daisies, Brownies, and Cub Scouts help facilitate badge work. Download the program flyer or scroll down for more details!
- Badge Days are from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on select Saturdays throughout the year
- $10 per Scout; Scouts may only complete one badge or adventure per Badge Day
- $5 per person for parents and chaperones
- $5 per person for non-Scout children aged 6-17
- Children 5 and under are free
- Coupons and other discounts do not apply to Scout activities
- Adult Heritage members are free, but must pay for any Scouts working on badges
- A non-refundable payment is required with all reservations
(Click the date header to pre-register)
Saturday, April 20, 2019
Field Day: Take to the Heritage Green and learn how to be a good sport this spring! We will have classic field day games for you and your troop to partake in!
Saturday, July 20, 2019
Sustainability Day: Join HSS in learning how we can better help our planet! We will learn all about waste, pollution, sustainability, and how we can take small steps every day to help the earth before cleaning up our park!
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Citizenship Day: Join HSS in learning about how to be an active citizen in our community. We will conduct a mock city council meeting and vote. Bring ideas of how to make Sandy Springs even better than it already is!
Funding for this program is provided by the Fulton County Board of Commissioners, and the Sandy Springs Society.
Self-guided experiences for Boys and Girls Scouts of all ages, from Brownie’s and Cubs to full scouts, are available during each badge day. Need an event to help your troop meet badge requirements? Email us with your badge needs, and we’ll see what we can do!