The Heritage Sandy Springs Museum is located in the re-purposed Williams-Payne House, named for the Williams family who built the house and farmed the land from the late 1860s until 1939, at which time the Paynes purchased the home. Originally located on the present day corner of Mount Vernon Highway and State Route 400, the house was moved to Heritage Green in 1985. The HSS Museum is the only museum dedicated to sharing the story of our community.
The anchor exhibit gives visitors an overview of Sandy Springs community history. As the most comprehensive exhibit gallery, “Sandy Springs: Land and People” tells the changing story of our community as the home of Native Americans, rural farmers, and modern suburbanites. Interpretive panels depict key transitions in Sandy Springs history, including the Land Rush, Civil War and Reconstruction, the impact of World War II, the area’s growth in the late twentieth century, and the struggle to become a city.
Details coming soon!
The Museum is located at 6075 Sandy Springs Circle, Sandy Springs, GA 30328. Parking is available on Sandy Springs Place in designated parking lots.
Email or call 404-851-9111 ext. 2 for more information or to schedule a tour.